Monday, January 12, 2009

Education to Sanitation 64 Days!!

After seeing the movie The Curious Case of Benjamin Button I wanted to do something epic with my life. I went to the mall. Failure... Thank goodness John F. Kennedy establish the Peace Corps.

Flash back, almost a year ago-
As soon as my Peace Corps interview was over I was told that I could expect an invitation to teach English. Well, if you know me at all you know I can't spell so I had to inform the PC that education probably wouldn't best suit me. BUT I was more than willing to "get my hands dirty and really give back". Education to Sanitation. Rock on!

Anyway, to prepare I have been reading about issues that hinder waste management in developing nations, and I can't wait to start reading about the technical advancements being made in the treatment of backwater :)

Question: Do I fear sanitation work?
Answer: False. I fear nothing... If I didn't get into the Peace Corps I was going straight to law school. Both endeavors are challenging but I imagine there are a lot more parasites in law than an overrun septic tank. Plus, lack of sewage treatment is a leading cause of death in the developing world. So hopefully my assistance might be beneficial to the people I come in contact with and that would be EPIC!

Will I have a dirty job? Probably. Someone call Mike Rowe!!!

No comments: