Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May 4th

Day of Death-

The principle of the school I work at took me down to Cambridge Basic School to lead their morning devotion (prayer). I was really nervous but it went extremely well. There where about 75 kindergarten aged children and 5 teachers. I read David chapter 2 or was it 3? Anyhow, it was the story of King David and the 3 brothers who he tried to burn alive. The kids loved the story because I made them clap, stomp or scream depending on the brother I was talking about. While the devotion was going on a completely naked man walked by. At first, I was angry and wanted to make the man leave before the kids noticed but then I noticed his mother and I realized the man was mentally disabled and had probably run away from his home. His mother was trying to get him to put his clothing back on. She must be an angel. Luckily, the children never noticed and I just went along with my rockin story. It was a minute
or two while he waited for some type of schooling to start. I referred him to the principle.

Today I added trash to the trash pile that is burned everyday. I didn’t know if I should feel bad about that or not. Stonehenge doesn’t have trash pick up so burning it seems to be the only means of disposal. Well, mother earth made me pay for burning trash…. The direction of the wind changed towards the end of the day and pushed the toxic smoke into the school. It didn’t seem to bother the students or teachers but it was horrible for me. DAY OF DEATH. I felt like the trash smell was going to kill me. But it was also the stiffeling heat that made it so bad. Even though I love Texas summers I barley handle the humidity and heat in Jamaica because of the amount of clothing I am expected to wear- long sleeve dress shirt and slacks. BLAH

Went Mo-Bay with my supervisor to visit with the SDC and while we where their we grabbed some ice cream.


Dance Hall-
• Vibes Kartel “teacher, addi” – (Gaza Strip, original name is Adisha Plamer- studio (Portmore Empire)) 2002 became an artist
• Movado – Gully God (crew name- Alliance) 2005, popular over seas
o Bounty Killer 1992





No comments: