Thursday, April 2, 2009

Stonehenge Jamaica!

I have been writing posts on my laptop but have not had access to the internet.

Right now I am at a friends house and have only a second to update you guys on my site. Today I found out I will be sending the next two years living in Stonehenge, Jamaica. If you google map it, Stonehendge comes up 3 times and the one I will be living at is in St. James Parish, in the middle of the island on the west side and completely isolated. I will be working at Orange Hill All Age School as a teacher and community organizer. The school has 40 students!

I will be living with a Rasta and his two sons. The town has running water and electricity but according to the Peace Corps the infrastructure is unreliable. I am very excited to get started.

I am going to miss my host family hear in Hellshire and all the great friends I have met during training but I can't wait to move into my new home and community.

I am truly having the time of my life. I wish I could tell you that I will update my blog more frequently when I get to site but that's not going to happen. Miss you all.

3 comments:

peacocky said...

Aww! We will have to rely on ol' snail mail!!

Sarah Osman said...

So excited your having the time of your life! :) I just texted you.. let me know if it worked.. Happy Palm Sunday!

Janelle said...

so i juuuust realized that you left a comment on my blog a long time ago. sorry to never respond, i'd love to send u some music but i'm sure you'll have ur ears full of it now! best of luck with the rest of training :D