Monday, November 30, 2009

No phone

My grandmother use to tell me that I would lose my head if it wasn’t screwed on.

This morning when I realized I left my phone in a taxi I thought to myself “No big deal, I’m a Peace Corps volunteer, nothing can stress me out.” Two seconds later I realized I also misplaced my debt card.” No phone, no money, in a foreign country... I need a take back, I was stressed.

Luckily everyone knows me and I already have spoken to two different people telling me someone has found it and it looking for me. It shouldn’t be difficult for them to find the only white guy in town.

Spread the word, tomorrow is World Aids Day.

For Thanksgiving two PCV’s and I eat at Burger King. Thanksgiving weekend 40+ volunteers and I spent the weekend in Negril. Friday night a large group of us went out to a local/tourist club. At first all the guys where very surprised with the number of Jamaican girls that seemed very interested in us. 5 minutes later we all meet up to share our crazy stories, turns out the common theme was every girl we spoke with was a prostitute. :( No thank you. This is not common at all in Jamaica, well not that I am aware of.


My mom sent me a Bill Nye the Science Guy DVD on pollution. Coolest idea EVER. I have watched the DVD and I think the kids are going to love it, plus Bill Nye does great experiments that I can replicate in class. Sure it's an American show so not all the jokes the kids will get but I'll be there to translate and make my own jokes. At first teaching was very stressful and not productive at all but now the more fun I have it seems the more the kids learn so it’s a “win win, win” – The Office

1 comment:

Melissa said...

So it turns out that it wasn't a taxi driver that helped you get your phone back, but a good, good friend. You're welcome :)