Sunday, June 7, 2009

Pictures


To the right is a picture of the pump house that supplies water to my community as well as 2 others. The pump occasionally leaks something that looks like oil into the stream just below where the water is pumped from. I am not an expert but I don’t think captain planet would be happy.


These are rasta kids that live a few doors down from me. The kids and their father are very friendly and always ask me to stop by when I walk by their home on the way to school. As you can see from the picture, their house is not in good shape and there are a few homes like this where I live so this weekend while I am in Kingston I am going to visit Food for the Poor and see what assistance they provide communities like mine. This is a very tricky situation because as a Peace Corps Volunteer I do not give out money or materials but I can educate the development club I work for on the different ways to obtain assistance for the community.









This is a fossilized conch shell that my old host dad found while he was doing some farming. We live over 20 miles from the ocean! Is this worth money? I will sell it to you or anyone interested for $43,000 USD. Also in the picture is one of the puppies my old host dad brought home a few weeks ago. I will also sell the puppy for 43K


1 comment:

Edjib said...

swanky new pad!