Friday, July 3, 2009

Going to Summer School

Week in brief-

Listening to the advice of my supervisor and community members who were egging me on, I hit on my first and only random girl in Mo-Bay- she was dressed conservatively, gorgeous and very not interested in me. ha

The school year ended; now I get to teach all the grades during summer school. I really am enjoying working at the school!

I went on a school field trip to the beach where the kids harassed a slow street child because they thought he thiefed a teacher’s phone; turns out the teacher had temporarily misplaced it. There's a lesson here for the kids.

I got an international calling plan, so I can call back to the states for cheap this month. Shoot me an email if you would like me to call.

Went to the yearly international exporters meeting.

Looked and still looking to get my hands on some educational materials for summer school. Would like to use things like Magic School Bus and Bill Nye the Science Guy. Shoot me any ideas you have on what would be a good lesson plan for the kids.

Talked with some NGO’s out of Mo-bay (RADA office).

Got called whitty about 5 times.

Hung out with Rasta Stud and his son- they have had their power cut and are feeling down in the dumps abut it. Makes you appreciate what you take for granted.

1 comment:

Michelle Grace Cox said...

Sorry I keep missing your calls...you keep callin while i am in summer school :( Miss you