Sunday, February 1, 2009

Gavin + Obama Shirt + 6th Street = Out of Control! Just 43 more Days!


Highlight of the week-
"YES - WE - DID! YES - WE - DID" My shouts of Obama mania roared above the DJ mixes of T.I. and Beyonce as I danced the night away with Michelle, Sarah, Jimmy and Eileen. The best part, I voted for McCain! Or maybe the best part was allowing Michelle to convince me that it was a great idea to tell the girl I had been crushing on that she looked like my ex-girlfriend. Never taking advice from Michelle again!.... In any case, it was definitely one of the best nights I have ever had on 6th street.

That night I realized wearing a Barack Obama shirt basically gives you a free card to do whatever you want. Regardless of how you act, everyone is going to already love you or hate you because of shirt. And in Austin, everyone loves you! Might as well cut lose. Watch out Jamacia, I'm packing my shirt!

PS the Economist is lame for not giving me a discounted online subscription.

No comments: